The reason why uploading ZIP / RAR is more convinient is simply the speed. So sometimes it’s much better to simply upload via file manager which is mostly included in your hosting. This file manager helps to upload files, also .ZIP / .RAR files can be uploaded and unzipped/extracted there. WordPress themes, plugins are most likely to be thouse files, but also you may need this while migrating the website to another server.
One of our client hosts the website on one.com which does not have the unzip/extrac function included in the file manager, I dont really know how, but even the support can’t extract files for you. But no worries, we found simple and elegant solution for you!
- Download the great script by Ndeet here: https://github.com/ndeet/unzipper
- Open the folder and find file named “unzipper.php“
- Upload this file to your one.com hosting, in the same dirrectory where you have .ZIP/.RAR file placed.
- Open the unzipper.php in browser: www.YOURDOMAIN.com/YOURFILEPATH/unzipper.php
- Select the zip file to unzip
- Click “unzip archive“, now you can find the unzip archive in your ftp folder.