This tutorial is to help you get started when you are ready to start transferring your domain from kenyawebexperts to Webscreations Design as your domain registrar. There are several things that must take place before you can begin to transfer your domain name. Once they are done, you can begin the domain name transfer at the home web site for the new domain name registrar where you want your domain name transferred to. This tutorial assumes that you have a domain already registered with kenyawebexperts.com and we are going to start on their home page.
- The first thing you must do is make sure the domain name is not locked, or being prevented from being transferred out of the current registry.
- Begin by entering your kenyawebexperts account username or domain name and password in the boxes on the client area.
- Now click on the login button. You are now logged in to your kenya web experts client area. Click on the My Domains link in the tabs at the top of the page. Scroll down to
- Step 1. Select the domain you would like to manage by checking the box in front of the name.
- In Step 2, in the drop-down list, select Unlock these Domains. Click on the Go button. You will now see a Domain Locking Results page. The lock has now been removed from the domain name, so it can now be transferred to another domain registry.
There are several other things that need to be done while you are logged in to your account. You should verify that your Contact Info is correct and up-to-date both at the current registry and the Who-Is. You also should obtain, most likely by email, what is called the EPP code, or the KEY Code, or it may be called a different name. It is the authorization code that allows the registries to permit the transfer of your domain name. This code needs to be given to your new domain registrar to begin the transfer process. When finished, click the log out link, in the left hand side menu.
You are now ready to visit our web site or contact us to initiate the domain transfer request. This ends this tutorial. You now know how to unlock your domain at its current registrar, if the registrar is sasa host, so that it can be transferred to another domain registry.