The purpose of this tutorial is to help you get started when you are transferring your domain from GoDaddy.com to Webscreations Design. There are several things that must take place before you can begin to transfer your domain name. Once they are done, you can begin the domain transfer at the home web site for the new domain name registrar that is Webscreations Design. This tutorial assumes that you have a domain already registered with GoDaddy.com, and we are going to start on their home page.
- The first thing you must do is make sure the domain name is not locked, or being prevented from being transferred out of the current registry.
- Let's start by entering your GoDaddy.com account username and password in the boxes. Now click on the GO button.
- You are now logged in to your GoDaddy.com account. Click on the Domain Manager link in the left hand list.
- This opens a screen with all your domains. Now click on the domain name you wish to manage.
- This will open the Domain Manager page. Click on the Manage link next to "Locked". A pop-up will open and give you the option to uncheck the Locked domains. Uncheck the box, and click OK.
- The lock has now been removed from the domain name, so it can now be transferred to another domain registry.
There are several other things that need to be done while you are logged in to your account. You should verify that your Contact Info is correct and up-to-date both at the current registry and the Who-Is. You also should obtain, most likely by email, what is called the EPP code, or the KEY Code, or the Authorization Code, or it may be called a different name. It is the authorization code that allows the registries to permit the transfer of your domain name. This code needs to be given to your new domain registrar to begin the transfer process. When finished, click the log out button.
You are now ready to visit our web site or contact us to initiate the domain transfer request. This ends this tutorial. You now know how to unlock your domain at its current registrar, if the registrar is GoDaddy.com, so that it can be transferred to another domain registry.