This tutorial is to help you get started when you are ready to begin transferring your domain from 1and1.com to webscreations domain registrar. There are several things that must take place before you can initiate the transfer of your domain name. Once they are done, you can begin the domain name transfer at the home web site for the new domain name registrar where you want your domain name transferred to. This tutorial assumes that you have a domain already registered with 1and1.com, and we are going to start on their home page.
- The first thing you must do is make sure the domain name is not locked, or that would prevent it from being transferred out of the current registry.
- Begin by clicking on the Customer Login button at the top of the page. Enter your 1and1.com account username and password in the boxes on the log-in screen.
- Now click on the login button. You are now logged in to your 1and1.com account. Click on Manage Domains on the left hand side. This takes you to the Domain Overview page.
- Go to Transfers from the menu in the middle of the page. On the next page, Click Show next to "Lock/Unlock Domains".
- Select the domain you wish to manage from the list, and click Next. On the next page, Domain Locks, select the radio button in front of Unlock, and click OK. The next screen will let you know the action was successful.
- The lock has now been removed from the domain name, so it can now be transferred to another domain registry.
There are several other things that need to be done while you are logged in to your account. You should verify that your Contact Info is correct and up-to-date both at the current registry and the Who-Is. You also should obtain, most likely by email, what is called the EPP code, the Authorization Code, or the KEY Code, or it may be called a different name. It is the authorization code that allows the registries to permit the transfer of your domain name. This code needs to be given to your new domain registrar to begin the transfer process. When finished, click the Logout link, in the right hand corner.
You are now ready to visit our web site or contact us to initiate the domain transfer request. This ends this tutorial. You now know how to unlock your domain at its current registrar, if the registrar is 1and1.com, so that it can be transferred to another Webscreations Design domain registry.